Saturday, May 28, 2005

Welcome to my Yurt!

I’d like to get the ball rolling, fellow mortals. I'm a 47 year old man who has had enough of the stupidity that has captured the minds of millions. Our schools and universities suffer with it; government institutions, our media, even western culture is reeling with fallacious thinking. Having suffered myself at the lack of logical thinking within, and the super-abundance of sophistry without, I have made up my mind ten years ago to pursuit the truth at all costs.

You may feel the effects of my passion for the truth in how I treat both subjects and people. I will always listen to people unless they are intentionally stupid, but I refuse to be open-minded with falsehood. So if I sound curt or unwilling to agree, it is NOT out of disrespect to you. I follow our common master, logic. I owe no favors to falsehood; neither should you.

On the positive side, I pursuit the truth that I need to live, grow, love, and influence others because I have a right to it as a human being. It is only the truth that sets us free; not slick or charismatic sophistry. And this freedom is not so that we can act like brutes or imbeciles, but to become fully mature human beings. We are here on earth to do what we ought that will accomplish the greatest good in our lives.

Here are the ground rules. I don't claim to know all there is about truth so I am constantly learning. I welcome anything that helps me in my pursuit of wisdom. However, don't take me to be naive. So if you wish to comment, be my guest; but be a good guest. I will be an honest and respectful host. I repeat, we follow the rules of our common master, logic. If you think I am wrong, or am guilty of a fallacy, tell me. I will not be hurt. If you wish to deliberately insult me, I will not waste my time with you.

We all have on average, 70 years to commit to the greatest good in our lives. My question to you is, how will you know it in order to live it? Life is too short and eternity too long, my mortal friends, for us to waste time on meaningless endeavors. Let's conduct ourselves to the greatest enterprise known to man, to know the truth.

I want to thank you for giving me your most precious and irretrievable moments.

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Tyson said...

i'm interested to know why a baptist pastor would convert to catholicism. maybe you can blog on that. thanks.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

TS, thanks for the idea. Let me give it some thought. It really was a logical decision, with both devastating and glorious effects. Perhaps I will down the road.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home