Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sorry, but I've Been Slammed...

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm not going to be posting anything of significance for the next couple of weeks since my Marquette coursework has overwhelmed my time. However, if you want to, post a comment on a topic that you think represents an issue that is directly affected by either lack of logic, or a misapplication of it. For instance, I've been looking at the 2006 elections and have seen an enormous amount of sophistry and dirty politics. However, I am not compelled to spend my time researching or commenting on them, for there is "nothing new under the sun."

So, post something that is of interest to you. I assume the right, however, to guide the comments and topics, since I am the benevolent dictator here. I want to make sure the commentary is appropriate to this site. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must dive into Byzantine Theology...

--The Underground Logician

15 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you man.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

Back at ya, man.

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Cranky Yankee said...

When has an election not had an enormous amount of sophistry and dirty politics?

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

Never. It's Machiavellianism at its finest!

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Hang in there! Looking forward to your next post.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Isabella di Pesto said...

Do you smash your garlic or thinly slice it before you let it sizzle in the olive oil?

There are two schools of thought on this.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

Hmmm. I smash it. Never heard of slicing it. Interesting technique. Tell me more.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Isabella di Pesto said...

Well the thinking is that in making thin slices, you expose more surface and allow more flavor to be released when it's sauted. That was my grandmother's method.

The smash method supposedly releases more of the oils.

I think it's six of one half a dozen of the other.

I use both methods, depending on the dish I'm creating.

Sometimes I even smash the garlic and then smoosh some kosher salt into it, place it in a saute pan with olive oil and let it melt.

The important thing, however, is to use fresh garlic. Don't use any that has green sprouts coming out of the cloves. It's gone past its peak flavor when that happens.

Also, the garlic bulb should be hard, firm. No squishiness allowed.

Buon appetito.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Cranky Yankee said...

Slice it as thinly as possible,, with a razor blade if you can, it will liquify in the oil. Check out the movie Goodfellas, the prison scene, for instructions.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

SMASH it. Definately!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Cranky Yankee said...

My Italian Grandmother always sliced... 'nuff said.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

Who can argue now? Happy Thanksgiving to all!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

Hi Kathleen!

Yeah, I'm here. I'm just so busy with Marquette grad school stuff. I check in periodically, like now. So, don't fret...I'll be posting next week, starting Tuesday the 12th.

I've been REALLY bored with the news of late. Same ol' stuff. I'm doing some rethinking about what I post besides the news and politics. Not sure yet, but I want it to be info we can use with logic for every day.

Catch ya later! Thanks for caring, Kath!

the UL.

 
At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Ann,
from Singapore,
and I'm 19 y.o

Hi, All
I've studied English sinse this Summer .
It's very!
I would like like to meet peple and practisice My English with them.

Thanks!!!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

You are welcome. I'm practicing my English, still, after 44 years!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home