Monday, August 06, 2007

There's Something Strangely Absent...

Bush Signs Warrentless Wiretaps Into Law

The NYTimes has given us some explanation on how this new law will look. The President signed it into law. The President supports this bill; the President got what he was looking for. What is absent? The Democratic support for this bill!!! The Democratic majoriy must have had SOME part to play to bring this to the President's desk in the first place!!! Am I right, or what?

I thought the 2006 election gave the Democratic party a mandate to clean up Bush's foibles. What caused them to slide this legislative baby through without all the rancor they heaped on the President's previous support for the NSA? I'm at a loss.

Please, let me know, is this somehow different than what the Dems had a miscarriage over a year or so ago? Or are the Dems finally seeing a new mandate? If so, I think there needs to be some mopping up from the previous brew-ha-ha that we had to endure last year.

By the way, I said I would drop this political stuff and give it a rest. I'm sorry, but I haven't done that. My bad!!

4 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have thought the same thing. What is up with this? I keep wondering how JW could pull this off without the Dems. I hope someone posts a comment that clears this up!

*just say'in"

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Dems are trying to turn their big ship around. They see the shoals ahead and they know if they continue, they'll run aground. What a bunch of skalleywags!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Cranky Yankee said...

Hi, Long time....

Just to clear up a few things, "The Democrats" did not support this new law. Some Democrats supported this law, which expires in 6 months in order to give time for congress to write a Constitutionally correct version that gives the executive branch the tools it needs to fight enemies while protecting the rights guaranteed under the Constitution. 41 Democratic Congressmen and 28 Democratic Senators supported this. They, like the rethugs who care little for individual privacy rights, are all cowards and traitors to the Constitution.

But at least my Democratic Congressman stood for freedom and the Constitution and voted against giving this President unprecedented unconstitutional powers.

The Democrats who had "a miscarriage" over what bush did are still as mad as hell, did not support this and are moving forward in the effort to stop this imperial executive from trampling on the Constitution.

You might want to give this some thought, it is very likely that the next President is going to be a Democrat. How would you feel with a Democrat, or even worse a Clinton, with these powers?

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cranky:

I'm not giving it any more thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home