Monday, May 30, 2005

Meet the Common Master!

I understand completely why people have a lack of knowledge when it comes to logic. THEY WERE NEVER TAUGHT!!! And, I include myself in with the whole batch. The only logic I learned was the extremely BORING symbolic logic that was required for High School geometry. It made no sense! It was difficult to apply to everyday life. In addition, I never took the chance to study Aristotelian logic, or term logic, which is indispensible for daily life. The well was already poisoned; I didn't want to study what I thought was completely irrelevant to me. Unfortunately, the fallacies I learned became entirely relevant to me to where I suffered depressive symptoms for years. Learn from the mistakes of the UL.

So here's the deal: save yourself precious time from blustering through blogs and learn the way of the common master. START BY STARTING! SEE THE VALUE OF IT RISE IN YOUR SOUL (We'll talk about soul down the road.). Use the links provided here. The Logic School is a great start, or purchase Peter Kreeft's "Socratic Logic." You will be glad you did. You'll soon break free from the need to try to get people to agree with you for you to feel right. Phooey on that! Gain some self-confidence and some real self-respect. Shed that exoskeleton of ignorance and fly in the wisdom of logic. You'll be glad you did. Now if you think you can pull a fast one, avoid my advice and try to a little fantasy logic on me, I'll bounce you on your bisquits!

Another problem is the reliance upon "FEELINGS." People often use "feel" in place of the word "think," e.g. listen to Katie Couric. Gag! Now, feeling strongly about something doesn't make anyone right, including the UL. Take it from me, I operated with that boneheaded belief for a long time; its blind stupidity. I can speak from experience simply because I am a very stupid person. Everything that I possess that is of any value came from somewhere or someone else. Nothing original in this guy! The same goes for you!

So, don't delay. Get to know the common master. The clouds of your confusion will part, and the light of truth will begin to shed light on you. And if you find your feelings are resisting, remember these words from the UL...DAMN IT, DO IT! And if I find that you don't care to learn logic since you're such a gifted writer with great sensitivities, I will only write it louder so you understand...DAMN IT, DO IT!
Now...GO! And don't waste your time and mine if you have no intention to learn from the Common Master. You'll run into a wall of refutation; and, that does not FEEL very good.



4 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

Hey, thanks for the input. This blogging neophyte needs a lot of help.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger United We Lay said...

As a teacher, I totally agree. I try top teach logic as much as possible, but often get in trouble with a parent for encouraging thier child to think.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

Sounds like the parents need a little remedial help themselves. And good for you, Polanco, get this stuff in the urchins minds. It will be a huge help for them both and in the future.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger United We Lay said...

I use books from memoria press.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home