Thursday, March 02, 2006

Oscar Predictions (who cares)

It's that time again, when a very small percentage of Americans really, really care about what happens in Hollowwood...the percentage that LIVE in Hollowwood for that matter. Maybe the screaming, rabid fans along the red carpet at the Kodak Theatre, to be exact. For the rest of us...yawn.

However, for the sake of blogging something this late at night while trying to compose an outline for a term paper, I thought I'd try my hand at predictions. The three principles I will use is: "Being gay is like really, really, REALLY cool," "Spread the love (gay or straight, gay preferred) around so that everyone feels good," and "Don't be so obvious to let on you have a gay agenda."

So, of the two gay movies, Capote (a death penalty movie with a gay guy in it) and Brokeback Mountain (two gay cowboys), the Oscar will go to "Capote." However, Heath Ledger will get best actor for his bit in the pup tent, and Chinese person Ang Lee will get best director who directed it, which will show that Hollowwood isn't racist, even though "Crash" should have gotten some recognition from the "whities" at the Academy. BrokeBack will get the best musical "score" and best cinematography (artistic shots of the puptent). Unfortunately, Mr. Guyenhaal will not best supporting actor (that would be too obvious), besides, gay men cannot be known for that poutie-lip thing. Causes too much confusion for us straights. Angelina Jolie does a great poutie lip thing. Mr. Clooney will win, since he's a hetero-hunk.

Best actress will be Felicity Huffman in "Transamerica", the gripping story and personal triumph of a trans-sexual. Now it's sorta gay, but not really. It's a man trapped in a woman's body. Wait a minute, or was it the other way around? Uh, someone was cursed by God and got trapped in this body that had a penis, or should have had a penis. Whatever, but with a little surgery (snip, snip) and compassion (hug, hug) and acceptance (you're a people too), now it's all better. Anyway, it's a story of compassion; something we could all use more of. Right?

"Good Night and Good Luck" will get best original screenplay that will throw off those who think the Academy is uber-pro-gay. and that it STILL can land a final shot towards Mr. McCarthy, even though he's dead.

For the religion catagory, Hollowwood will honor "War of the Worlds" with best sound mix to honor the smart as a psychiatrist actor and Scientologist Tom Cruse. By the way, did he and Katie break up? I wonder if it is because since he's as smart as a gynocologist now? Maybe he tried to convince Katie that she should let him be the doctor in charge and get her to do the birth thing drug free...er, uh, for her.

Moving on. The only movie I really care about is the Best Animated Feature going to "Wallace and Gromit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

So...does anyone want to throw in their picks? Let's make it a contest.

If I lose, I will not care in the least...except for Wallace and Gromit.

5 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

This is really so sad, it sickens me. Of course, I'm not addicted to the boob tube (thanks to parents with good foresight) so I never got in the habit of watching anything. It's tough when I DO want to see something, cuz I can never remember to turn on the TV and hunt for it.

But for those of us who ARE addicted to the tube, our standards have lowered immeasurably.

I find it amazing that a story of two gay cowboys would be well-received by so many Americans. NOTE TO ALL: I'm not getting into gay vs. straight, wrong vs. right here. Well, I'm trying not to.

But gay or straight, their lack of morals and loyalty to their wives is actually heralded and applauded and has turned into award-making material.

I don't want simple, G-rated movies. Not me. But I'd like some where I don't want to go shower afterwards.

I turned down going to see it, and never intend to.

OK, so now that that rant is over....

I also don't know or don't get why some of the other movies are considered to be "award winning". It seems the formula is: if it can shock a blue-collar worker, let 'er rip! But now even the blue-collar worker seems to be sucked into the whole endless foment of torment.

Stop the world. I wanna get off.

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last thing I am interested in is what the CELEBS are up to. That includes with Oscars. Blech! I will say that I do love GOOD movies and television. Beyond the art, I don't care the slighest. I watch Jeopardy whenever possible and get KILLED on these matters. Hopeless.

I am sorry you are down. I am not at my best either. I just got home from a stay at the hospital and frankly, I am trying to just decompress.

I expect my spunk to return soon, but in the meantime I will have to be satisfied with mostly being an observer. Speaking of which, I have noticed a considerable amount of bashing of those who have religious faith. I am trying to figure out why it matters to so many. I don't believe for one minute it has to do with tax revenue. But, what is it?

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

Kathleen:

I'm sorry you were hospitalized. I hope your recovery is quick, and that you have those around you that can dote on you!

I laughed at your mention of Jeopardy. I watch just to hear Alex Trebek pronounce foreign words!

As to the bashing of religious, you'll find no bashing of the "religion of peace." I can't stand it when the president says that! There are peaceful Muslims who don't live out all the tenets of their faith. The Islamo-fascists live out every tenet of their faith. Bashing of Christianity is as old as Christianity. Look what the people did to the founder!

Christians are not above the Master. If they persecuted Him, they'll persecute His followers. They'll exaggerate the wrongs Christians do, they'll demonize Christians for what they don't do, and make up beliefs that Christians don't believe, and ignore what they do believe.

The reason why they do this: nagging guilt and shame. As long as they demonize Christianity, they don't have to deal with the guilt and shame that is plagueing them. Hence, they will NOT listen to reason for the stakes are too high...repentence.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

Saur:

You and I are aware of the not so hidden agenda of Hollowwood. They make movies to impact society and make a difference. Frankly, I don't want them to make a difference in me. I don't like their difference.

As to the movies I mentioned, I have not seen any of them, so the more discriminating viewer might be put off by my ignorance. Again, I don't care. Movies can be "artistic" and make we want to throw-up. Sorry, I'll remain ignorant so that I maintain my I.Q. at an optimum level!

Keep fighting the good faith, Saur!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

You too, Underground! *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home