Saturday, June 17, 2006

A Vacation from Stupidity Does One Good!

Sorry to have not blogged in a while; I have been busy! For the past eight days, I have not got on the internet at all. To my surprise, I have been feeling very peaceful. For eight days, idiocy was on parade and I didn't come to watch. Ann Coulter's book is the rage (true however you define "rage") and liberals are frothing at the mouth with overworked saliva. Congress has a vote to see who's on board with Iraq and the Democrats are planning to take over the Congress with a "loser" scenario. Al Gore will run for president again with his growing popularity and a Catholic parish near my home wants to enlighten us Catholics with Sufi wisdom on "The Aramaic Lord's Prayer." I have a theory: The stupidity never ends because the demand for it never ends. I hate to be so cynical, but I am convinced that there is a huge demand for mindless stupidity and deep emotion. We Americans want to FEEL. Feelings have become the "eighth sacrament."

Oh well, my respite from the ranting sophistication has certainly helped my I.Q., but my experience can be compared to Mark Wahlberg's character in "Return to the Planet of the Apes." It's like I came back to earth, but this isn't the "earth" I knew eight days ago. I see afresh the simean stupidity that is taking place. I guess it's time for me to take up my sword of logic that you "touchy-feely" liberals fear so much. I'm back and it's "en guard!" Come on you relativists! I dare you to make your relativistic stands and I'll show you to be the intolerant closet absolutists YOU REALLY ARE! MOOOOHOOOOOHAHAHAHAHA!

8 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Isabella di Pesto said...

I am convinced that there is a huge demand for mindless stupidity and deep emotion. We Americans want to FEEL. Feelings have become the "eighth sacrament."

You are so right about that, my friend.

The mindless stupidity and deep emotion (her hatred of anything liberal) of Coulter and her feelings of detestation and contempt for widows and war heroes is astounding.

I've been away myself and find that I've missed nothing.

(Except your blog, of course.) ;-)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

I have a proposal. Let's get her book and look to see what mindless stupidity her book contains. Then we can discuss it to see what is pure rhetoric, and what is not. Are you game?

By the way, thanks for missing my site!

Oh, do you have a good shish-kabob marinade recipe? We used Italian dressing, which worked good, but I'm looking for something else.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I'm on the list to get the Ann Coulter book as soon as my mom's done with it. She says it's hysterical and very well-written.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Isabella di Pesto said...

Hysterical is a perfect word to describe anything the Coulter produces.

In a sane society, she would be shunned.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

hey UL.
I've been gone too. We're moving tomorrow morning and I'm taking a break from packing boxes.
I agree with your statement, "Feelings have become the 8th sacrament"

I see it in Christian circles as well. There's a blog I used to visit that explored an "intellectual" approach to doctrine. The author of this blog argues that traditional Christian doctrine is not "practical".

says who?
This man's feelings I suppose.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Isabella di Pesto said...

Uh-oh. Looks like Annie's been caught plagiarizing. Typical cheating, loud-mouth phoney.

http://tinyurl.com/zu4ps

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

you've been missed!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Underground Logician said...

Saur and Kathleen:

Thanks for missing me!

I have been extraordinarily busy of late. Also, I've enjoyed the hiatus from the news so much, I've decided to continue it.

I do admit to an occasional drift into Drudge and Newsmax to get the big picture. Just more of the same.

A great summer to you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home